Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kudos to Qantas

WOW!

When was the last time you had a great experience on an airline?

For those of us not traveling in business class Wow experiences can be few and far between.

Well yesterday I was WOW'd. Traveling on QF442 from Melbourne to Sydney I started to eat my snack. A chocolate cranberry bar. I tried to bite in and thought I was breaking a tooth. Being hungry I persisted using my molars and worked through it.

When the steward, Hayden, came around with coffee I realized by jaw was aching, and asked if the bars were supposed to be so hard. He said politely that he'd check. A few minutes later he did return, and assured me they were not and offered a bottle of wine from business class with apologies. I accepted.

A few minutes later the head steward, Marty Claasen, came over with the wine and apologies. He also said that he would report the incident so that they could keep an eye out for it.

I was very impressed at how they taken a simple issue and turned it around into a positive customer experience.

Well done Qantas, and thank you Hayden and Marty!

No comments:

Post a Comment